Smoked haddock chowder Recipe
preparation 15 minutes cooking time 35 minutes
- 25g OR 2 Tablespoon butter
- 2 large size onions (chopped)
- 125g smoked streaky bacon rashers (slices) (chopped)
- 3 large size garlic cloves (chopped)
- 600ml OR 2½ cups milk
- 450g potatoes (diced)
- 2 celery sticks, (sliced)
- 140g frozen sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 450g skinless smoked haddock fillet, roughly flaked
- salt and ground black peppr
In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
Add the onions and simmer for another 5 minutes, or until they're soft.
Add the bacon and garlic and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Add 600ml/1 pint/212 cups of hot water to the milk and mix well.
Adding the potatoes, celery, and sweetcorn, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the veggies are tender.
Add the flaked smoked haddock and mix well.
Ten minutes into cooking, remove the lid and check to see if the fish is done.
Serve the hot soup in four bowls.