How to Disable Avast Antivirus
Avast antivirus has served as an excellent piece of protection software for PCs. Not only does it include a free version, but it also delivers great malware and virus protection. However, there are instances when you will need to disable this protection manually.
Why is it necessary to deactivate Avast antivirus?
Avast automatically detects potential risks in a software or application that it does not recognize due to its proactive security. Additionally, it may occasionally ban your favorite websites for security concerns.
If you opt to delete the antivirus from its core in this circumstance, you will expose yourself to several hazards and your machine will become accessible to infections. Thus, in order to continue installing a program or accessing a particular website, you may need to temporarily disable the antivirus.
You can either eliminate all shields and turn off the entire software completely, or temporarily disable a few selected options. How to do it:
How to Completely Disable Avast Antivirus and All Shields?
It's critical to note that deactivating Avast fully disables your computer's whole antivirus security, leaving you open to dangers.
- Open the Windows taskbar in the lower right corner and look for the orange Avast symbol.
- Select 'Avast shield control' from the context menu of the icon. This will result in the appearance of a drop-down menu.
- You will be presented with four alternatives here:
- For ten minutes, disable
- For one hour, disable
- Disable during the duration of the computer's restart
- Permanently disable
- Choose the time period you desire.
- To confirm your selection, hit 'Yes' when Avast requests confirmation.
- Avast antivirus will cease to work for the duration of the time period you specify.
- Open the main window to verify that the antivirus has indeed been disabled. If you mouse over the red icon, you will see the message 'All antivirus defenses are disabled'. You can then resume working on your installation or website without encountering any issues.
- To re-enable the antivirus, click the 'Resolve' button and wait a few moments. The phrase 'You're protected' will appear, indicating that the antivirus has been reactivated.
How to Disable Various Avast Shields?
Certain circumstances may necessitate disabling the entire antivirus. By disabling specific shields, you can resume your tasks while remaining safe from security dangers. This is how you can accomplish that:
- To begin, launch the Avast user interface.
- On the left-hand side, click the 'Protection' tab.
- Select the 'Core Shields' option. Here you'll find a list of shields, each with an on/off toggle.
- To turn off a shield, click the toggle and drag it to the 'off' position.
- Avast will then prompt you to specify the duration for which you wish to disable the protection.
- Select the desired option and click 'OK'.
- To reactivate a shield, simply toggle it to the 'on' position, and the message 'You are protected' will appear.
- It is important to reactivate all shields after completing your activity to ensure the highest level of security.
How to Turn Off Avast on a Mac?
For Mac users, the process of turning on or off Avast antivirus is slightly different. If you are using a Mac, you should follow these steps to disable Avast:
- On your MacBook, launch 'Avast Security'.
- Navigate to 'Preferences'. The three pillars of Avast Shield are located here.
- Select 'Disable' for each shield you wish to disable.
- How to Disable Avast's Email Signature Protection?
On some machines that come pre-installed with Avast, the email signature feature is enabled by default. If you send an email from this computer, certain automatic messages will be displayed, such as 'This email was sent from a virus-free computer secured by Avast.' Such communications can occasionally anger the recipient.
To disable this feature, simply follow these steps:
- To open the Avast user interface, navigate to the Avast icon and click on 'Open Avast user interface'.
- In the upper right corner, you'll notice a menu with the 'Settings' tab.
- Disable the setting 'Enable Avast Email Signature'.
- Select 'OK' to exit the settings.
- Restart your web browser to determine whether the setting was effective. There will be no email signatures appended to your outgoing messages.
- How to Turn Off Avast's Popups?
Almost every application includes its own notifications that inform the user of specific software-related activities. Additionally, Avast includes a notification feature that displays all Avast activities, updates, alerts, warnings, and configuration options. These popups can occasionally obstruct your work, and you may choose to disable them. This is how you do it:
- Navigate to the 'Menu' section of the 'Avast user interface'.
- Open the 'Settings' menu and navigate to 'General'.
- There is a 'Notifications' option here. Remove the checkmark next to 'Silent Mode.
- You will no longer receive popups from Avast on your PC.
It is prudent not to disable the entire Avast software, as it protects your computer against a variety of hazardous infections. Only in the direst circumstances should you opt to do so, and be careful to turn it back on immediately to avoid putting your computer at risk.